ESTCP FY 2022 New Start Projects
Environmental Restoration (ER) Program Area
The following projects were selected for funding to demonstrate and validate innovative in situ treatment technologies for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in the environment. Additional information on individual projects can be found by clicking the project title.
- Demonstration-Scale Evaluation of a Novel Surface-Modified Clay Adsorbent: Comparison of Fluoro-sorb, GAC, and IX Resin for the Removal of PFAS and Co-Occurring Chemicals in Groundwater
- Lead Investigator: Christopher Bellona, Colorado School of Mines
- Phytoremediation for Shallow Sources of PFAS Impacted Groundwater
- Lead Investigator: Paul Hatzinger, APTIM Federal Services, LLC
- Rapid and Inexpensive Delivery of Particulate Carbon for In Situ PFAS Treatment in Groundwater
- Lead Investigator: Stephen Richardson, GSI Environmental, Inc.
- Development and Application of Injectable Fuels/Adjuncts for In Situ Treatment of PFAS and Co-Occurring Chemicals in Source Areas by Smoldering Combustion
- Lead Investigator: David Major, Geosyntec Consultants