ESTCP FY 2021 New Start Projects
Environmental Restoration (ER) Program Area
The following projects were selected for funding to demonstrate and validate innovative approaches for managing Department of Defense (DoD) sites impacted by per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). Additional information on individual projects can be found by clicking on the project title.
- Development and Demonstration of PFAS-LEACH – A Comprehensive Decision Support Platform for Predicting PFAS Leaching in Source Zones
- Lead Investigator: Bo Guo, University of Arizona
- Developing a Framework for Monitored Natural Attenuation at PFAS Sites
- Lead Investigator: David Adamson, GSI Environmental, Inc.
- Characterizing PFAS in Groundwater: Assessment of Tools and Fluorine Balances
- Lead Investigator: Charles Schaefer, CDM Smith
- Demonstration of High Resolution Passive Profiler (HRPP) for Characterizing the Distribution of PFAS in Groundwater
- Lead Investigator: William Jackson, Texas Tech University
- Field-Scale Demonstration of a Novel Real-Time Sensor for PFAS
- Lead Investigator: Craig Divine, Arcadis US, Inc.