Conferences & Workshops
SERDP and ESTCP convene workshops of experts from academia, industry, and the military Services to examine the current state of the science and engineering on specific environmental problems. These workshops identify gaps in knowledge and technology and prioritize these gaps in light of DoD needs to determine where investments in RDT&E could have the greatest impact on DoD’s ability to address its environmental requirements. Results of these workshops guide investment decisions.
Throughout the year, SERDP and ESTCP also support and participate in various technical conferences that align with their mission and areas of emphasis.
- May 7
- SERDP and ESTCP Webinar: Factors Affecting Munitions Mobility and In Situ Measurements
- Apr 24
- Join Us for the ESTCP Technology Transfer Solicitation Webinar
- May 5
- ITRC Training: Issues and Options in Human Health Risk Assessment - A Resource When Alternatives to Default Parameters and Scenarios are Proposed, 1:00 – 3:15 p.m. ET
- May 7
- ITRC Training: ISM Part 1: Soil Sampling and Decision Making Using Incremental Sampling Methodology, 1:00 – 3:15 p.m. ET
- May 12
- ITRC Training: Groundwater Statistics for Environmental Project Managers, 1:00 – 3:15 p.m. ET
- May 14
- ESTCP FY 2015 Technology Transfer Solicitation Proposals Due
Past SERDP and ESTCP Workshops
Workshop - Burial and Mobility Modeling of Munitions in the Underwater Environment
June 30- July 1, 2014, Arlington, Virginia
SERDP hosted an informal workshop on the burial and mobility modeling of munitions in the underwater environment. The purpose of the workshop was to enable SERDP project teams to:
- Hear from DoD munitions response managers about the day-to-day issues they face
- Collaboratively share research progress with peers
- Identify needs for integration of observations and modeling efforts
- Define a pathway forward
- Clearly state the product expected to culminate from all relevant project efforts.
The lead Principal Investigator (PI) for each SERDP project in attendance at the workshop provided an overview of their work. Three presentations focused on burial and mobility modeling and three presentations focused on field and laboratory measurements. The breakout discussion utilized a series of questions provided by the coordinating committee. The 15 attendees represented 10 institutions including universities, research institutes, and the military Services. Results and discussion from the workshop, as well as topics recommended for future research, can be found in the Workshop Report.
Past SERDP and ESTCP Partners Symposiums
SERDP and ESTCP's Partners in Environmental Technology Technical Symposium & Workshop brought together leading environmental researchers and technology developers with the defense user and regulatory communities. This event focused on DoD’s priority environmental issues, cutting-edge environmental science and technologies, and the exchange of information among colleagues from around the nation and abroad. SERDP and ESTCP continue to be committed to supporting the widespread dissemination of the results of our sponsored research and fostering communication and partnering between researchers and all stakeholders. In light of new policies on Federally sponsored meetings, a Partners Symposium & Workshop is not planned for the near future, but we hope that you will regularly visit our web site for updates on our work.
Promoting the transfer of innovative, cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
Posts highlighting research, technologies, and tools.
Schedule of events, solicitation deadlines, and training opportunities.